Okay, I know the proper blogging tag is to do 50 random facts – but frankly, I could not be bothered to think of that many right now. So, here are the first 25 facts about me. Quality over quantity, baby!
UPDATE: 10 months later and I have finally written the second part to this tag.
- I got called into the principal’s office once for posting inappropriate things on Facebook.
- The town of Ingham in Queensland is named after one of my relatives, William Bairstow Ingham, who was killed by cannibals in Papua New Guinea.
- My favourite song of all-time is ‘Tiny Dancer’ by Elton John.
- I have a surgical scar across the front of my neck that is hardly ever covered,
but also hardly ever noticed.
- I won a ten kilogram block of chocolate in a colouring competition.
- It is my goal to go cage-diving with great white sharks before I turn thirty. I adore them.
- My school entered one of my poems into a competition at the Ekka,
but it was deemed too controversial to display.
- Barack Obama and I have been in the same building twice in two different continents.
- The first time I ever got drunk was in France. I skipped down a driveway and fell into a bush.
- My political views are centre-left.
- I am cross-dominant. I always hold my knife and fork in the ‘wrong’ hands.
Take me out to dinner and see for yourself.
- I have been to Las Vegas the same number of times that I have been to Sydney.
- A book shelf was literally dropped on one of my fingers once and my nail fell off.
- I have completed two out of the four bridge climbs in the world.
- I have seen Celine Dion (twice), Coldplay (twice), Elton John, James Vincent McMorrow, Jason Mraz, John Mayer, Maroon 5, Norah Jones and U2 in concert.
- By the end of this year, I will have been overseas ten times in ten years.
- I laugh a lot – often to the point of tears. If you do not make me laugh,
you must really not be funny.
- This is the most thoughtful birthday present I have ever received.
- I have exceptional cyberstalking skills. My friends sometimes ask me to find out information about people for them. And often, I discover things I would rather not know.
- For my entire schooling life, I aspired to be a journalist.
- My pet hates are being spoken to in a condescending manner, people who cannot spell and being tickled.
- The first international city I ever visited was San Francisco.
- I have been known to cry over football – especially in State of Origin.
- If I could go back to Year 12, I would almost certainly join the defence force.
- According to Myer-Briggs, my personality type is INFJ (the rarest one), shared by both Nelson Mandela and Hitler.
And here is a photo of me from the past weekend…
Share a random fact about you with me!